Did you know that hormones play an important role in your health? Vitamins D and B12, and B5 are among the best supplements for hormone balance. Although changing hormones at different stages of life is natural:
If they are out of balance, it can cause many symptoms of hormonal imbalance. And you can even get long-term health problems. We’ve put together the 12 best vitamins and supplements for hormone balance to help you.
To stay healthy and beautiful for years to come, women also need to:
- balance their diet;
- make it a habit to exercise.
And as extra support for the body, you need to take vitamins to balance hormones. Such supplements work best in liquid form. Taking supplements can help maintain your health and balance your hormonal system. Below, we’ve detailed the various symptoms of hormonal imbalance. And you will discover the key hormones women should be aware of. You’ll also learn tips for optimal hormonal health.
12 Best Vitamins For Hormonal Imbalances
We have some good news. You can help your body fight hormonal imbalances with the right nutrients. Including vitamins in your daily diet will help keep your body more balanced. It will help you avoid any symptoms you can experience.
We have all heard that vitamins are necessary for the body. They do play an important role in metabolism, and some are essential. Because the body is not able to synthesize them on its own. Doctors consider the following supplements to be the best for hormone balance:
- Vitamin A;
- Vitamin D;
- Vitamin B12;
- Vitamin E;
- Vitamin C;
- Vitamin B5.
Of course, you should see your doctor if you have a hormonal imbalance. But supporting your body with these nutrients can also make a difference in your daily life. Here you can read about what vitamin is good for hormone balance.
1. Omega-3 Fish Oil
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential components of cell membranes. They also affect the function of cell receptors in membranes. These fatty acids are essential for producing hormones responsible for:
- blood clotting;
- arterial wall contraction;
Without a healthy supply of omega-3, the body has difficulty producing needed hormones. Instead, it relies on low-quality fats, which increase the risk of inflammation-related problems.
But consuming omega-3 fatty acids has other great benefits. A 2020 study found that higher omega-3 intake can reduce insulin resistance. An omega-3 fish oil supplement for hormone balance is just what you need.
Especially if you are looking for the best vitamins to boost estrogen levels. This study showed taking omega-3 fatty acids has a positive effect on estrogen levels. Researchers put the experiment on postmenopausal women. Try to get 250 to 500 milligrams of this vitamin when you have a hormonal imbalance.
Want to add this powerful nutrient to your routine? Add an Omega vitamin that contains ultra-pure fish oil to maintain a balanced system.
2. Vitamin D
What is one of the best vitamins for hormonal imbalance? Vitamin D plays a vital role in the production and activity of hormones. It is important for estrogen and progesterone. Studies show that Vitamin D is critical to skeletal health. It also helps with insulin regulation and blood sugar balance.
In addition, one study found a synergistic role for vitamin D. The scientists researched postmenopausal women. In other words, women with lower vitamin D levels tend to have lower levels of estradiol (a form of estrogen). In comparison, women with higher vitamin D levels have higher estradiol levels.
This hormone vitamin for women is essential for women in different periods of life:
- in pregnant women – to prevent malformations in the fetus;
- in the period of menopause – to maintain bone health.
Getting enough of this vitamin can be problematic in the winter or working all day indoors. Even if you get a small dose of vitamin D by absorbing sunlight. The recommended dose of vitamin D for most people is 600 to 800 IU per day. But more recent research suggests 1,000 IU per day to maintain adequate vitamin D levels.
You need enough zinc to balance your thyroid hormones. It is also an essential residual nutrient to regulate:
- the menstrual cycle;
Also, zinc can help with menstrual pain, a hormonal imbalance symptom. The standard dose of these supplements for hormone balance is usually 8 mg. per day. You can consult your physician to determine the correct dosage, though.
Pro tip: If taking hormonal birth control, add zinc to your routine. Women should consume about eight milligrams a day, while men should consume eleven. Help boost your levels by taking a supplement such as Happy Mind.
4. Vitamin A
For women, vitamin A helps improve reproductive function. Also, doctors recommend it for use during pregnancy. So we recommend consuming these vitamins to balance hormones. It reduces the risk of fetal abnormalities. So it is worth getting tested for vitamin A deficiency before planning a pregnancy. First of all, this vitamin is abundant in vegetables and fruits – for example:
Other foods we can highlight are:
- cod liver;
- butter, and fish oil.
5. Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is essential for many important hormonal processes. It also plays a major role in the metabolic functions of the body. Among other things, it is important for:
- the production of digestive enzymes;
- transporting essential nutrients into and out of cells.
These vitamins for hormonal imbalance participate in about 100 bodily functions, including synthesis:
Sometimes women associate hormonal imbalances with vitamin B deficiency. Thus, it is important to track its level in the blood. It is also important to replenish it on time in case of deficiency. B12 is crucial in the methylation process. In which other molecules displace the “methyl group”.
In this way, it maintains the body’s chemical balance and its various functions. This “simple” process is also significant for the functioning of the hormonal system.
Active chromium is a mineral in the form of picolinate. That’s why doctors recommend it due to its rapid absorption and positive effects on the human body. It is one of the most effective supplements for hormone balance. You can get trace elements from food.
But also you can find it in dietary supplements, vitamin-mineral complexes, and medicines. Chromium works in synthesizing thyroid hormones. And, if necessary, it acts as a substitute for iodine. The mineral found in cells regulates the synthesis of RNA and DNA. Chromium has many functions:
- participates in maintaining blood glucose balance;
- helps replenish glycogen stores;
- helps to fight cravings for sweets;
- hormonal metabolism, including regularity of the menstrual cycle;
- provides appetite reduction.
Various sources can help enrich the body with chromium. The following foods can replenish the body’s need for supplements for hormone balance:
- vegetables (broccoli, peas, beans, beets);
- meat (veal, duck, turkey);
- fish (tuna, salmon, herring, crucian carp);
- seafood (squid, shrimp, mussels, oysters);
- beer yeast;
- berries and fruits (apples, blueberries, sea buckthorn, grapes).
7. Vitamin E
You can stimulate the production of estrogen by using vitamin E. It also has another name – tocopherol. Vitamin E stimulates the work of the ovaries, maintaining the necessary hormonal background.
Also, tocopherol itself has a cosmetic effect. Under the influence of these vitamins to balance hormones, you can get these benefits:
- improving the regenerative ability of skin cells;
- anti-inflammatory effects;
- prevention of acne and age spots.
Vitamin E increases the skin’s resistance to ultraviolet light. Moreover, it enhances vitamins A and C. Many believe the daily need for vitamin E is 15 mg. But experts say this is not enough and plan to set the necessary daily dose of vitamin E of 100 mg. Vitamin E has a positive effect on many sex hormones:
- total and free testosterone;
- sex hormone-binding globulin;
- follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH);
- luteinizing hormone (LH);
8. Vitamin С
Vitamin C is necessary for the production of hormones. Many doctors say that it is the best of the best vitamins for hormone balance. Our adrenal glands synthesize special hormones, corticosteroids.
They allow us to react properly to stress. But they need enough vitamin C to do this. Thus, without ascorbic acid, we can not withstand the adverse effects of stressors:
Also, enzymes that activate the hypothalamic hormones do not work without this vitamin. These are the main “regulating and controlling” hormones. Our endocrine system cannot function effectively without them. Here’s why it’s crucial for menstrual well-being:
- Eating 1,000 mg of vitamin C daily reduces menstrual pain. Also, it decreases endometriosis, according to studies;
- Vitamin C helps absorb iron. As you know, our iron levels drop during your period, and it’s needed to provide oxygen to your body.
Liquid supplements are also an excellent source of vitamins to balance hormones. As they penetrate the body faster. Also, these substances have a better effect on the body. Immunity Drops contain the right amount of this vitamin for daily consumption.
9. Vitamin B5
Vitamin B5 is important for adrenal gland function. These are the paired glands that synthesize hormones. When they do not function properly, the production of cortisol and progesterone decreases.
The first hormone regulates carbohydrate, lipid, protein metabolism, and water-salt balance. And progesterone is a sex hormone. These vitamins for hormonal imbalance affect the menstrual cycle and pregnancy. Also, its deficiency provokes various hormonal diseases. The best sources of pantothenic acid are:
- poultry meat.
We recommend that you pay attention to multi-vitamin B5 supplements. After all, you can’t exactly count the amount of food to replenish the norm. Happy Mind liquid formula contains enough of these best vitamins for hormone balance. Accordingly, you can not worry. Because the chemist-technologists have calculated everything for you.
Selenium is vital in the formation of hormones. It also produces special enzymes. So we can consider it one of the most significant supplements for hormone balance. They are responsible for converting hormones into active forms. By consuming the right doses of selenium, we provide the body with a full range of endocrine support. Enough amount of the element in the mother’s body will:
- protect her from premature birth and problems in the last months of pregnancy;
- allow the baby to form a good immune system and a healthy thyroid.
Selenium not only removes toxins and protects the body from premature ageing. It is a structural element of the thyroid. This element handles the synthesis of hormones. Also, it works better in tandem with other hormone vitamins for women. No system in our body functions without it. The component is helpful for:
- the treatment of autoimmune conditions;
- normalization of the production of hormones T4 and T3.
The normal selenium intake is 50-55 mcg per day. The best source of selenium is by-products:
Magnesium is an essential supplement for hormone balance in women’s health. Because it is crucial in the synthesis of hormones that regulate follicle production:
- FSH – follicle stimulating hormone;
- LH, luteinizing hormone;
- сortisol, a stress hormone;
- TTH – thyroid hormone.
Magnesium is also involved in 300 body processes! So it is not surprising that when we have a deficit of magnesium broken:
- the regulation of the production of stress hormones (cortisol, adrenaline, and noradrenaline). The body prioritizes the production of these hormones, which can cause infertility. There were cases when a woman made up for a magnesium deficiency. And then the long-awaited pregnancy came;
- controlling insulin production and cravings for sweets and coffee. The body needs magnesium to process sweets. If magnesium is lacking, so it’s a vicious circle. It leads to a magnesium deficiency again;
- regulation of T3 and T4 hormone production. When there are not enough of these supplements for hormone balance, the TTH level rises. Thus, magnesium is essential to support thyroid function. Also, it prevents the development of inflammation;
- progesterone, estrogen, testosterone production, and placenta formation;
- muscle work, which leads to increased tone and cramping;
- calcium absorption. Without magnesium, calcium will deposit anywhere but the bones.
These vitamins to balance hormones have many functions, such as an increase in levels:
- red blood cells;
This plant has 100 active substances and trace elements. The main active components are:
- A, D, and G withanolides (triterpene lactones);
- withaferin A.
Due to these substances, ashwagandha supplements for hormone balance have many properties:
- antipyretic, and analgesic effects.
Ashwagandha has positive effects on the following:
- central nervous system;
- endocrine system;
- immune system.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hormone Disruption?
It is possible to suspect a hormonal disorder by certain signs. As our body “tells” us about the dysfunction. You can notice weight gain, fatigue, or skin issues. It is possible to determine the level of hormones only during laboratory tests. That’s why to ease the symptoms, it is essential to take vitamins to balance hormones. Symptoms of pathology can differ depending on which hormone is produced a lot or not enough:
- Menstrual cycle disruption. Menstrual cycle disruptions can manifest themselves in different ways. Some women’s periods become irregular. The period between periods increases or decreases. Others have heavy, prolonged, or short bleeding periods;
- Decreased libido and impaired potency. Usually, you will find a decrease in libido due to high levels of prolactin. Both men and women face such a problem. For the male body, an increase in prolactin is fraught with a decrease in testosterone levels. This can cause damage to the sexual system. In particular, it can cause problems with potency;
- Mood swings. A decrease in estrogen leads to a disruption in the production of dopamine and endorphins, which are responsible for pleasure and good moods. And one of the best ways to prevent it is vitamins for hormonal imbalance. As a result of these changes, a person becomes very irritable, nervous, and depressed. The mood is also affected by hormones in the adrenal cortex;
- Dermatological problems. The production of sebum increases when the organism elevates the level of androgens. It causes acne and blackheads. Other hormones also affect a person’s appearance. For example, when prolactin levels are high, hyperpigmentation appears. And when estrogen levels are low, the skin becomes covered with discolored spots;
- Chronic fatigue. If, after a good night’s rest, a person does not recover and feels “like a lemon,” the body probably produces a large amount of cortisol. Chronic fatigue can also be a problem if the thyroid gland is malfunctioning. The vitamins to balance hormones can easily solve this issue;
- Weight gain. Various hormones can contribute to the appearance of extra pounds for no clear reason:
- When insulin resistance occurs, obesity often occurs. The fact is that elevated insulin levels inhibit fat burning;
- Hormonal imbalance caused by thyroid abnormalities is often accompanied by the appearance of extra pounds due to metabolic failures;
- With elevated cortisol levels, fat deposits appear in the abdominal area;
- Weight problems also occur with an imbalance of the hormones ghrelin and leptin, responsible for hunger and satiety.
What Is A Hormonal Imbalance?
Hormonal imbalance is a disorder in the production of hormones. But you can always stabilize the situation by consuming the best vitamins for hormone balance. Pathology occurs when the endocrine system is not working properly:
- thyroid gland;
- adrenal glands;
- pituitary gland;
- ovaries in women;
- tissues in men, etc.
There are more than 70 hormones in the human body. They are involved in various biochemical processes in the body. As they stimulate and regulate the work of internal organs and systems. The concentration of hormones affects a person’s appearance, mood, and performance. They are crucial in metabolism.
Disruption of the production of one component leads to a change in the other. Because all hormones interact with each other. The result is an imbalance. It affects biological processes and manifests itself as unpleasant symptoms.
Moreover, vitamins to balance hormones are responsible for reproductive function and heart rate. They regulate lactation in women, etc.
What Are The Causes Of Hormonal Imbalance?
Various factors can provoke malfunctions in the endocrine system and hormone production. The most common causes of problems are the following:
- Improper nutrition. Hormone production requires proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Their synthesis is disturbed if the body doesn’t get the right substances with food;
- Consumption of foods containing hormones. Such products often disrupt the production of sex hormones in women and men;
- Bad habits. Alcohol consumption and smoking hurt the endocrine system and lead to metabolic disorders. So remember to take enough vitamins to balance hormones;
- Taking certain medications. Do not take drugs that contain hormones without a doctor’s prescription. Especially if they stimulate or suppress their production;
- Genetic predisposition. Failures can occur against a background of congenital chronic diseases.
Taking vitamin complexes is good for women at every stage of life. The main thing is to choose age-appropriate hormone vitamins for women that will only bring benefits. The best proven liquid vitamin complexes. Because of their liquid formula, they can quickly penetrate the organism. Properly calculated doses of vitamins and supplements will bring you maximum benefit.
The first thing you need to do is to see a doctor. He can run some tests and find out what vitamins you need. Also, correcting your diet and avoiding unhealthy habits can help. Be sure to increase your intake of healthy fats, which are present in avocados and walnuts.
Omega-3 and Vitamin C can increase male and female libido as well. Useful elements are involved in the reproduction of germ cells. It also influences the subsequent formation of children’s cognitive abilities.
Yes, if the reason is the lack of some vitamins. You can help your body quickly by introducing healthy supplements and vitamins into your diet. They can take away the primary disease that caused the endocrine disorder.
B vitamins are excellent for dealing with all kinds of hormonal disorders. They normalize mood swings and improve general health.
You should take one tablet daily, preferably in the morning, with a meal. You should take some drugs 2-3 times a day. Be sure to drink the tablet with ordinary non-carbonated water. The course lasts from 20 to 60 days. You can repeat it only after six months. You can find rules for taking vitamins on the package.