Do you sometimes feel exhausted and stressed and have body aches for a seamless reason? It could be an illness – adrenal fatigue. Bringing your health back to balance is essential with this disease. Ashwagandha perfectly copes with this. Ashwagandha contains many active, helpful substances and relieves the symptoms of adrenal fatigue. And it is effective. Besides, it has many healing properties:
- optimization of thyroid functions;
- reduction of anxiety and depression;
- increasing endurance;
- prevention and therapy of malignant neoplasms;
- inhibition of degeneration of brain cells;
- strengthening of the immune system.
Ashwagandha lowers elevated cortisol levels and, conversely, raises low levels. Taking it in the morning improves energy levels and has a calming effect in the evening. When taking ashwagandha for adrenal fatigue, check the status of hormones.
If necessary, you need to reduce the dose. As a rule, doctors prescribe adaptogens for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degrees. When taking it, a person’s well-being improves significantly. Also, stress disappears, and adrenal glands return to normal functioning.
What Is Adrenal Fatigue?
One of the new diseases that is affecting the people of the 21st century is adrenal fatigue. It is a functional disease associated with decreased hormones. The organs themselves are not affected. Very often, doctors prescribe ashwagandha to treat adrenal fatigue. It is the fastest way to relieve or cure the disease.
The leading causes of this disease are stress and improper nutrition. Exhaustion does not occur all at once. A person goes through this for many years, and the problem grows and grows. Fatigue always precedes hypercompensation of adrenal function. It expresses the rise of cortisol and aldosterone. But most people ignore it. As a result, the disease begins with stress.
Adrenal fatigue has several stages. A person can not feel the disease’s symptoms at the first stage. But at the last stage, clinical deterioration becomes noticeably clear:
|Stage||How does it develop?|
|Stage 1||Even in the initial stage, ashwagandha is essential for treating adrenal fatigue. The first stage of the development of exhaustion is the stage of anxiety. Under the influence of stress, the nervous and hormonal system activates. It contributes to the increase in the production of adrenal hormones. At the same time, the organs begin to work in an intensified mode, which has name hypernatremia. So, a person feels slight weakness, which they attribute to a banal lack of sleep or fatigue after work.|
|Stage 2||In the second stage, the adrenal glands adapt to the “stressful” mode of operation of the body. It happens because the pituitary gland does not signal to produce cortisol. The 2nd stage is from several months to several tens of years.|
|Stage 3||The third stage is exhaustion. At this stage, the body loses its ability to adapt to stressful situations. The organ does not work at full strength. And its failure manifests general malaise. Besides, slowing down of motor reactions, deterioration of operating capacity, and drowsiness begin.|
How to make the adrenal glands work depends on the degree of exhaustion. In some cases, total rest is enough. In others, you need particular drugs. But, at any phase of adrenal fatigue, you can support it with ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha Adrenal Fatigue: Symptoms And Treatment
The most widespread manifestations are easy susceptibility to colds and nervousness. And the most popular methods of treatment are ashwagandha drops or pills. Adrenal glands are walnut-sized glands that produce hormones necessary for a person’s life. If their production disrupts, a person develops adrenal fatigue.
The symptoms of adrenal fatigue are so general that they can relate to many diseases. So, to detect this, you need to undergo diagnostic tests. But before starting its treatment and identifying it, let’s analyze the symptoms:
- easy susceptibility to colds;
- dizziness when standing up from a horizontal position;
- bad concentration;
- decrease in sexual desire;
- craving for salty, fatty, and high-protein food;
- bad menstruation in women;
- pain in the upper back or neck for no plain reason;
- problems sleeping at night;
- constant stress and a complex emotional state;
- craving for sweets;
- palpitations and panic attacks;
- bloating and other digestive problems.
Usually, for the treatment of adrenal fatigue, doctors prescribe:
- proper nutrition;
- taking food supplements;
- ashwagandha drops or pills.
The most common option is ashwagandha. It helps to adjust all processes in the body and heal it. Recovery properties bring hormones back to normal and get rid of various diseases. This plant can be in pill form. Ashwagandha pills have many benefits for female and male health. Thus, it can perfectly cope with the problem of adrenal fatigue.
7 Benefits Of Ashwagandha For Adrenal Fatigue
For hundreds of years, people have used the roots and fruits of ashwagandha for medicinal purposes. Ashwagandha is the main plant in Ayurvedic medicine. It originated in India more than five thousand years ago.
This herb is an excellent tonic drug, adaptogen, and anti-stress agent. With regular intake, ashwagandha treats adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue, and insomnia. This adaptogenic plant helps the body resist stress, adapting to the needs of the body. To avoid problems with adrenal fatigue, it has special benefits:
1. Relieves Adrenal Fatigue
Ashwagandha is very suitable for supporting adrenal function:
- When the adrenals overload due to excessive psychological stress, adrenal fatigue can develop;
- It negatively affects other hormones, such as progesterone, which causes infertility;
- For this reason, ashwagandha pills have enormous benefits for females and males.
While treating adrenal fatigue, your doctor can prescribe Ashwagandha even after you are healthy. Because this herb acts as a sedative for the whole body and restores adrenal gland function. It helps to maintain good health and not return to problems with the adrenal glands.
2. Increases Immunity
With adrenal fatigue, the human body produces a lot of cortisol. When it is too much, it becomes a consequence of weak immunity. Then a person gets sick many times more often and can have various inflammations. It is one of the most significant symptoms of adrenal fatigue. To avoid this, there is ashwagandha that is effective for this:
- As an adaptogen, ashwagandha can help reduce internal inflammation;
- And it normalizes the functioning of the immune system;
- According to research, it can increase the production of immunoglobulin;
- Immunoglobulins are antibodies that fight disease in the immune system. And ashwagandha helps the body naturally produce more antibodies to support health;
- So, when you take ashwagandha for adrenal fatigue, you simultaneously strengthen your immunity.
3. Removes Stomach Ulcer
Ashwagandha extract can be essential in treating peptic ulcer disease. It is a common disease that causes a lot of discomfort and increases the risk of oncology. To avoid such health problems, taking ashwagandha can be beneficial for you:
- Ashwagandha helps reduce the level of hydrochloric acid in the stomach:
- Thereby creating favorable conditions for the healing of ulcers;
- Also, using such plant extracts helps reduce the risk to the digestive tract;
- This way, it has shown that ashwagandha is effective;
- It is worth combining their intake with a healthy diet. It better maximizes the positive effect of ashwagandha;
- So, it will help achieve scarring of the ulcer and ensure sustained remission.
4. Improves Cognitive Functions
Ashwagandha has long been used as a plant that positively affects the mind. Its reception can contribute to the improvement of mental functions. It refers to patients of various ages. It is because Ashwagandha has antioxidant properties:
- It also reliably protects brain cells from the aggression of free radicals;
- People with adrenal fatigue often suffer from poor concentration. Their memory and cognitive processes deteriorate. So, taking ashwagandha to treat adrenal fatigue improves brain function;
- After its use, people’s mental activity increases noticeably;
- The body saturates with nutrients and becomes active. It is because Ashwagandha stimulates the better functioning of brain cells. This way, it normalizes their functioning.
5. Reduces Stress And Anxiety
One of the biggest causes of adrenal fatigue is stress. When a person is in a state of anxiety and constant worry, it causes many problems. It is because the adrenal glands begin to function poorly. So, to avoid this, first, you need to relieve stress:
- High levels of cortisol increase the risk of the appearance of the adrenal gland. It is probably ashwagandha’s most well-known benefit;
- It helps a person manage cortisol and stay calm throughout the day;
- Ashwagandha extract reduces cortisol levels by 28-30%;
- It helps adapt to stressful factors. So ashwagandha can help relieve stress and improve adrenal function simultaneously;
- This herb has the potential to act as a natural anti-anxiety agent. So, it helps to feel balanced and calm;
- It activates concentration and relieves fatigue. The essential advantage of this plant is the absence of minor side effects;
6. Lowers Blood Sugar
Cortisol increases blood sugar levels in the body. It works in tandem with pancreatic insulin to provide cells with glucose for energy. When the body is under stress, you need more power. Cortisol is the hormone that makes this happen. But when you have adrenal glands, more sugar is produced than the body needs. It can lead to disastrous consequences. So, it is crucial to normalize the sugar level if you have adrenal fatigue:
- Taking ashwagandha supplements helps lower the concentration of sugar in the body;
- This herb promotes a more active secretion of insulin;
- And also improves sensitivity to the hormone in muscle cells;
- Thus, taking ashwagandha extract reduces glucose concentration in the blood of healthy people and patients with adrenal fatigue.
7. Increases Energy And Endurance
Since ashwagandha raises testosterone levels, it positively affects strength indicators. It improves the work of the heart and lungs while increasing energy. And it is beneficial not only for the physical state but also for people who struggle with fatigue.
Lack of motivation, drowsiness, and exhaustion are frequent symptoms of adrenal fatigue. With this disease, people become very weak and do not have the strength to perform any tasks. They want to sleep all day, but at night they have insomnia. When the adrenal glands are not functioning correctly, energy drops to zero. So, you need to take ashwagandha in this situation:
- It can improve a healthy person’s endurance and those with adrenal problems;
- Ashwagandha, raising testosterone, will give your energy back and improve adrenal function.
How Much Ashwagandha Is Safe To Take For Adrenal Fatigue?
Ashwagandha dosage for adrenal fatigue can vary. It changes depending on your needs. But an average dose is 250–500 mg daily for at least one month. To better choose an amount for yourself, it is better to consult a doctor. You can take ashwagandha in tablets, food supplements, or drops.
But the best option is ashwagandha in liquid form. Its content is a source of natural components and adaptogens. When the drops enter the body, it contributes to their rapid assimilation. Accordingly, your health is rapidly improving. But ashwagandha dosage can vary depending on other health problems. So you need to know how much ashwagandha for adrenal fatigue to take:
- to relieve anxiety and stress – 125-500 mg per day;
- to avoid depression – 600 mg per day, no more than two months;
- to improve memory in bipolar disorder – 500 mg per day;
- to improve falling asleep – 250 mg in the evening;
- to increase the duration of sleep without awakenings – 600 mg in the evening;
- to build muscle mass, increase strength, and burn fat – 750-1250 mg per day, at least one month;
- to reduce blood sugar – 250 mg, two times a day;
- to increase mental performance — 500 mg per day.
If you support adrenal health with ashwagandha, the doctors prescribe different doses. Because it depends on the stage of the disease. So, consultation with a doctor is mandatory.
If you feel constant fatigue, cravings for sweets, and stress, ashwagandha will come to your aid. This natural remedy can give you good psychological and physical health. Its natural properties regulate all body functions.
Also, it has effects that can reduce cortisol levels in people who are prone to stress. So, if you still doubt whether ashwagandha is effective, it’s worth trying. After that, all your doubts will disappear.
Of course. It is a natural plant that contains many valuable components and acts as an adaptogen. It helps increase mental and physical performance. Besides, Ashwagandha improves concentration and increases adaptation to stress.
If you feel relaxed and calm, then ashwagandha is working for you. When ashwagandha acts on the body, you lose stress and have more energy and a good mood.
Like all other remedies or healing herbs, ashwagandha’s benefits are not immediate. It is because its effect depends on the severity of damage to your organs or immunity. So, its action can take several days, weeks, or months.
To see the best results, doctors recommend taking ashwagandha in the morning. Taking it twice a day can help your body maintain equilibrium in your adrenal system. But if you doubt when to take it, ask your doctor.