Did you know that the beauty of your manicure directly depends on your nutrition? Vitamins A, E, and B are the most significant for your nails’ beauty. Add them to your diet; vitamins will solve the splitting problems and slow growth.
The poor quality and appearance of the nails upset many women. As the famous French writer Gustave Flaubert said – “Nothing shows a lady’s age like her hands”. And what if not the nails are the key factor that draws attention to the hands? Beautiful, strong, and well-groomed nails are the calling card of the modern woman.
You can make strong, beautiful nails from the outside and inside. If you have split nails, oil and various strengthening coatings will help. Then it is essential to treat your nails from the inside.
It is necessary to provide the body with the necessary vitamin for solid nails and micronutrients. You can take them individually or in the form of multivitamin complexes. Scientists develop them to help with this problem. Read more about what vitamins are good for your nails.
Top 8 Effective Vitamins For Nail Growth
Most of the supplements for your nails can come from a good, balanced diet. But changing your diet is not always enough. Especially if you stick to any diet or suffer from food allergies. In this case, a couple of times a year, your nails need emergency help.
It is worth buying vitamins for strong nails also to your daily menu. Especially if you want to speed up the process and get your hands in order as quickly as possible.
So what minerals and vitamins are significant for healthy nails?
- First, calcium, which forms the top layer of the nails, is essential for nail strength;
- Silicon contributes to the hardness and elasticity of the nails;
- Zinc handles the formation of new nail material. As well as you can take it, making your nails stronger and longer. Also, it can help to prevent many other serious beauty problems;
- Magnesium and vitamin D are necessary for nail growth;
- Iron takes part in forming the nail plates’:
- Vitamin C prevents nails from getting burrs;
- Biotin increases nail plate thickness and reduces nail brittleness;
- You need vitamin B12, folic acid, and copper to improve blood flow. Also, this vitamin for strong nails can increase nutrient transport to tissues and cells;
- Vitamin PP is essential for preventing nail brittleness;
- Vitamin E is a vitamin of youth and beauty;
- Vitamin A helps to strengthen nails and their growth;
- Vitamin B6 helps the absorption of protein and thus promotes nail growth.
Read more below if you wonder what vitamin you can take to strengthen your fingernails.
It is one of the main components of ready-made vitamin complexes for nails. These kinds of diet supplements are suitable for growing long nails. About 20% of the world’s population has brittle nails.
Biotin can benefit brittle nails. In the study, eight people with brittle nails received 2.5 mg of biotin daily for 6-15 months. As a result, nail thickness increased by 25% in all 8 participants. Nail brittleness also decreased owing to this vitamin for strong nails. You can find this vitamin in the following:
Ready-to-use nail vitamins for nail growth often contain calcium, and that’s no coincidence. Many things depend on the level of calcium in the horny cells of the nail:
- uniformity and evenness of nail color.
You’ll find this beneficial substance in the following:
- dairy products;
- different types of cabbage;
- seafood and fish;
- spinach, and broccoli.
3. Vitamin A
Vitamin A (aka retinol, retinol acetate) is significant for your beauty. It is vital for them to be strong and smooth, not to break or split. So eat more fresh, orange, seasonal vegetables rich in vitamin A. But you have to remember one thing. Only vegetables can’t fill the deficiency. So you need to follow a more specific diet and nutrition.
This vitamin for brittle nails is better absorbed with fats. So be sure to include dairy products and saltwater fish in your diet. Fish also contains iodine and phosphorus, which stimulates nail growth. And don’t forget the butter. It is a storehouse of quickly digestible vitamin A and other beneficial supplements for the nails:
- B group.
And you need enough animal protein for proper nail growth. It’s not a coincidence that vegetarians usually have very slow-growing nails.
4. Vitamin D
Take frequent walks and add to your menu:
- cottage cheese;
This way, you can get enough of this vitamin for strong nails. Vitamin D can help your organizm to assimilate essential elements, such as calcium. And this is the main building material for the skeleton and nails. People can’t always get the necessary dose in winter or fall. So take it in the form of capsules. Doctors advise everyone to add vitamin D daily. Doctors advise consuming 5,000 units.
5. Vitamin C
It is one of the best nail health vitamins. Vitamin C helps protect the nail plate from thickening. It also makes better the absorption of vitamins A and E. Most of it is found in fresh fruits and vegetables. So it’s worth eating them as much as possible in the fall. After a couple of months, the products will lose up to 40-50% of the vitamin C. In winter, there will be fewer vitamins left.
For example, after 4-5 months of storage, vitamin C becomes twice less in cabbage and potatoes. Record-breakers for vitamin C content:
- fresh berries rose hips (In 10 grams of rose hips contains the daily norm of vitamin C);
- sea buckthorn ( in sea buckthorn, it is less, but it has more provitamin A).
Moreover, it is worth noting that supplements that contain vitamin C can hugely impove the appear of your hair and nails. You should give preference to vitamins in liquid form. As they can have a better and faster influence on your health.
6. B Vitamins
These vitamins for healthy nails are essential for our beauty. Meat and dairy products are rich in them. And cereals, green vegetables, and cabbage are needed for good nail growth. Ideal seasonal sources of fresh B vitamins are:
- red cabbage;
- white cabbage;
Many of these foods have healthy vitamins, next to iron and zinc. And a lack of these vitamins for nail growth, as proven by scientists, leads to the following:
- thinning of the nails;
- white strikes and ridges on them.
These vitamins are especially important:
- B1 (thiamine);
- B3 (nicotinamide);
- B6 (pyridoxine).
Because they are active in the synthesis of the main building protein of nails and hair. They are considered keratin. Lack of pantothenic acid as well affects the adhesion between the keratin flakes. As it regulates the water balance in the body.
Then your nails start to break, even if you take good care of them. And this vitamin for brittle nails in the fall is very easy to find at the market and in the garden. There is more pantothenic acid in well-ripened tomatoes, carrots, and peas.
7. Vitamin PP
If the body lacks this undefined vitamin, yellow spots can appear on the nails.
Doctors call it:
- vitamin b3;
- nicotinic acid.
Top 5 foods for vitamins for strong nails content:
- white dried mushrooms;
- peanuts (remember, they also contain vitamin B5);
- sunflower seeds (also vitamin E);
- wheat bran (+B5).
8. Vitamin E
Vitamin E, or tocopherol, is another beneficial vitamin for brittle nails. If you lack it, they quickly become dry, lose their shine, grow poorly, and again start to break and flake. The easiest way to avoid this is to include olive oil and other unrefined vegetable oils in your daily diet.
The best way is to dress salads with them. Eating nuts (incredibly “fresh” picked this year) and sprouts more often are also helpful.
You can also use cosmetics with these nail health vitamins. To keep your nails from splitting:
- Use vitamin E hand cream twice a day;
- Apply vegetable oils rich in vitamin E;
- Apply it like a mask, not only on the skin of your hands but also on your nail plates.
What Vitamin Are You Lacking When Your Nails Split?
Brittle nails also often indicate a metabolic disorder. Nails quickly react to the lack of vitamins for healthy nails and minerals that take part in the synthesis of keratin (building material for nails and hair) – especially vitamin B, and calcium.
Neglecting your nails can lead to all kinds of problems. You can notice from aesthetic ones to serious diseases. The fact is that the nails have a rather complex structure, which many of us are not even aware of. The nail plate has such a structure:
- the top layer of the nails has keratin and calcium in its composition;
- the middle layer is soft keratin;
- the bottom (inner layer) is the so-called keratin of the nail fold.
Improper care and lack of necessary nutrients lead to peeling all three layers. If you want your nails to be strong and beautiful, ensure that your diet is complete and contains the necessary vitamins for nail growth and minerals.
Eat more fruits, vegetables, and calcium-containing products. But you should remember that a nail grows 0.1 mm a day, and changes (improvement of the nail appearance) will be visible only after three to five months when the whole nail fold has changed. You should also take vitamin and liquid mineral complexes:
- if you can’t provide proper nutrition every day;
- if you work a lot;
- get nervous;
- get sick often.
What Are The Rules For Taking Vitamins?
There are general principles for taking vitamins:
- Make a complete “villainization” of the body by taking a full course of vitamins for healthy nails. Since the body accumulates the necessary elements, you can not see any result by drinking just a couple of pills;
- Constantly monitor the time and drink the pills systematically;
- Observe the dosage indicated in the instructions. A lack or overabundance of micronutrients is bad for the body, so you should not go to extremes;
- Preventive techniques. If there is nothing wrong with the condition of the skin and the rest of the body, it is worth doing a vitamin course. Repeat at least every spring since this is the period when the body is usually depleted;
- Consult a doctor and get tested for intolerance and vitamin deficiencies in the body.
Considering these recommendations, putting them into practice can significantly improve the whole body’s condition.
The appearance of the nails reflects the state of your health in general. Therefore, to have beautiful and well-groomed hands, you need to monitor your health – in the first place, eat right, to get all the necessary nutrients in the required quantity.
And to help in this can be vitamins for strong nails and mineral complexes:
You must take at least three months, preferably half a year. This way, there will be an accumulation of the necessary substances in the body, and they begin to work. It is an essential feature of using vitamin complexes for the nails.
This problem often occurs when the body is deficient in B vitamins. A deficiency of these elements leads to poor circulation, which certainly affects the condition of the nails. Besides vitamins, many micronutrients are necessary for the strength of the nails. In the case of iron deficiency, the nail plate has dystrophy.
Vitamin A is first on the list of “best nail vitamins. It is ideal for strengthening and smoothing the nail plate. It promotes new cell growth and slows down aging.
Vitamin B9, called folate, promotes proper growth and maintenance of healthy nails, produces red blood cells, and ensures cellular development.