Have you ever wondered why we get sick every winter month? How do people survive the cold season without a runny nose and cough? First of all, to be healthy even in the cold, you need to follow these rules:
- Take enough time to sleep;
- Avoid stress;
- Eat healthy food;
- Take vitamins and supplements;
- Drink tea from natural herbs and products.
We are exposed to many factors that can constantly interfere with our health. Colds appear to respond to a virus or infection that has affected the body. But often, they can be causes of unhealthy eating, stress, and emotional problems.
So, first of all, taking care of your mental health is crucial. After all, weak immunity can be the cause of poor mental health. Besides, pay attention to whether you have chronic diseases. To do this, take regular analyses and check your health. Internal diseases are the causes of your frequent colds.
Why Do I Keep Constantly Getting Sick? What Should I Do?
There are many reasons why a person can constantly feel weak in health. And it doesn’t have to be a severe illness. Even everyday stress can be the cause of always getting colds. Thus, you should determine what factors can affect your immune system. If you don’t feel well and ask yourself every day: “Why am I getting so many colds?” pay attention to the following reasons:
1. Immune System Disorders
Immune system disorders occur when a person’s immune system fails to fight antigens. Antigens are harmful substances. Among them are:
- cancer cells;
In a healthy body, the invading antigen meets antibodies. Antibodies are proteins that destroy harmful substances. But some organisms can not produce antibodies. Such pathology is a disorder of the immune system. It is the most frequent reason for constantly getting sick.
What should I do?
- Analyze your environment, habits, and genetics to make the correct conclusions about your health;
- Do not forget to consult doctors regularly;
- Maintain immune health. For this, take immunity drops.
If you keep catching colds and can’t avoid them, the problem is probably in the water deficit. The human body consists of 60% water, but this does not guarantee the absence of the risk of dehydration. All connective tissues of the body depend on water balance. You experience mild, situational dehydration every day and neutralize it with ease.
But the symptoms of more severe dehydration can be misunderstood as general fatigue. If you do not solve this problem, it can turn into chronic dehydration. Studies show that it is dangerous for life. After all, it weakens the body and reduces the efficiency of organs. It is what leads to constantly getting sick.
What should I do?
- Remember to drink 2 liters of water a day. But this is only an average showing. You should focus on your body weight and physical activity to find out your exact daily amount of water;
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits;
- Follow your feelings, and do not confuse thirst with hunger.
3. Lack Of Sleep
Chronic lack of sleep leads to chronic diseases. The fact is that during sleep, our immune system releases cytokines. It is a hormone-like protein and peptide. They neutralize inflammatory processes in the body and fight infections. They can not produce in any other way than sleep. So, people who sleep less than 7-8 hours daily are much more prone to getting sick every month.
What should I do?
- Sleep an average number of hours each day. Adults need to sleep 7-8 hours, teenagers – 8-10 hours;
- Try to stay awake for more than 9-10 hours. Sleeping too long causes the same damage as not sleeping enough;
- Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
4. Poor Nutrition
Nutrition is a critical factor in determining immune responses. Malnutrition or a diet that lacks vitamins can be the cause of frequent colds. Because it disrupts the production and activity of immune cells, which are essential for fighting infection. Here are things that can lead to the development of immunodeficiency:
- snacks on the go, eating fast food, an unbalanced diet;
- radical diets for losing weight;
- excessive consumption of sugar, salt, and animal fats;
A deficiency of certain nutrients also causes changes in immune reactions. So, it can be a reason for constantly getting sick.
What should I do?
- Include more fruits and vegetables in the diet. It is especially true of lemon, ginger, rosehip, garlic, and mango. They help avoid constantly getting sick as quickly as possible;
- Use foods that contain a large number of antioxidants. These are tomatoes, pomegranates, raspberries, blueberries, citrus fruits, carrots, and walnuts;
- Include beef liver, fatty fish, avocado, and olive oil on the menu to boost your immunity.
5. Improper Hygiene
Improper hygiene can also make you sick every month. Dirty hands, germs in public places, and the like quickly cause infections. It is the immediate cause of frequent colds in your body.
What should I do?
- Wash your hands with soap before preparing food and after using the toilet;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze. Cough into your elbow, not your hand;
- Wash and bandage any cuts;
- Do not scratch healing wounds or squeeze pimples.
Top 5 Remedies How To Stop Getting Sick All The Time
Influenza and respiratory viral diseases are frequent reasons for visiting a doctor. It significantly often happens in the cold season. Many of us, ignoring flu symptoms, continue to go to work and lead a normal lifestyle.
Most often, this leads to the development of complications. Then it is more difficult to regain the power of immunity and stop being sick every winter month. So, to prevent this, use the following remedies for frequent colds:
1. Essential Oils
Using essential oils or aromatherapy is a great way to boost immunity. Natural essential oil can contain from 200 to 800 components. So, its natural ingredients can stop constantly getting sick. According to studies, many such oils have antimicrobial and antiviral effects.
Thus, they increase the body’s resistance to infectious colds. Besides, essential oils eliminate stagnant and inflammatory processes of the respiratory organs. If you have a cough or runny nose, they avoid always getting colds.
Ways of using essential oils
- Add 4-7 drops to an aroma lamp filled with water and light a candle;
- The duration of the procedure is 20-40 minutes.
- Dilute 3-5 drops of essential oil in 2 tablespoons of sea salt, milk, or honey;
- Add the resulting mixture to a filled bath (37-38 °C);
- The duration of the procedure is 10-15 minutes.
- Pour boiling water into the dish;
- Add 1-3 drops of essential oil, and cover your head with a towel (close your eyes);
- The duration of the procedure is 2-3 minutes.
2. Immunity Drops
Liquid immunity drops have powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It is due to the rich vitamin C, curcumin, and acerola content.
- Rapid assimilation of these components provides immediate improvement in immunity;
- That is why it is convenient to strengthen your health and protect yourself from constantly getting colds;
- It is more convenient than pills because liquid drops are easier to take and absorb many times better than antibiotics.
If you keep catching colds, the doctors probably prescribe you antibiotics. Yes, it can fight a virus and cure a cold. But frequent use of antibiotics is not very good for health. It is better to replace them with supplements and vitamins. They are completely natural without the content of toxic substances. So, they do not harm health but rather strengthen it.
3. Rinsing With Soda
Gargling for viral respiratory infections is effective for keeping catching colds. It removes dried mucus and pathogenic microflora from the oral cavity and tonsils. For rinsing, prepare a soda or salt solution: one teaspoon per glass of water.
You can also prepare herbal preparations. Based on the herbs chamomile, calendula, and sage: brew a teaspoon of grass with a glass of boiling water.
The hardening procedure helps strengthen immunity, stimulates metabolic processes, and stops the sick every month. Hardened people also can catch colds, but their disease is without complications.
The main principles of hardening are gradualness, consistency, and systematicity. You should not immediately try hardening. Start it with simple procedures accessible to every person:
- The first thing beginners should start with is washing in the morning with cold water;
- The next stage is the local dousing of hands and feet;
- Then proceed to douse the whole body;
- After that, vigorously rub the body with a stiff towel until a pleasant feeling of warmth appears.
Honey is a natural antioxidant, antibacterial and antimicrobial agent. It helps protect the body from viruses, bacteria, and fungi. Besides, honey helps to soothe a sore throat, regulate blood sugar, and treat coughs.
But to strengthen its effect on your body and stop always getting colds, add several ingredients. It includes ginger and lemon. Such a mixture contains a large number of vitamins and antioxidants. So, it can harden your body against frequent colds.
- Peel the ginger and cut it into pieces;
- Pour boiling water over the lemons, cut them into pieces along with the peel, and remove the seed;
- Combine ginger with lemon and grind as much as possible in a blender. It helps faster avoid constantly getting sick;
- Mix everything with honey and put it in a glass container for long-term storage.
Every cold weakens the human body, and it needs time to recover. And a big mistake people make is that they immediately rush to get antibiotics in such cases. But why use them if there are much more effective ways for this?
Eat healthy food, get enough sleep and avoid stress. At the same time, take immunity drops, use essential oils and harden. All this guarantees good health that prevents you from constantly getting colds.
One of the main reasons is the weak immune system. A careless attitude to your health can also be the cause. For example, you come into contact with sick people or do not wash your hands after being in public places.
If you are sick every month for no reason, this is a cause to check your health. It can be a sign of weak immunity, which is not very good for your well-being. Over time, frequent colds can have an even worse effect on health, so in such cases, you should consult a doctor.
Frequent colds can weaken the immune system for a long or short time. In addition, it can be smoking, alcohol, and chronic diseases. If there is a lack of vitamins in the body, this can also be the cause of weak immunity.
It is normal to experience a runny nose, cough, and sore throat several times a year. It is a common manifestation of the disease during the transition of seasons. But if you often experience these symptoms, you should pay attention to your diet and health.
Get enough sleep, eat healthy food, and try hardening. Also, remember to wash your hands and avoid contact with sick people in public places. To keep your health in balance, take food supplements for immunity.